Tuesday, December 15, 2009

because I have always been fond of institutions of higher learning...

I visited the campus of the University of Guam today.

I've been there before, but I was extremely late for what felt like a very important appointment to photograph Japanese dolls the last time, so I forgot to take pictures.

Today, I was in a little bit less of a hurry.

The campus is surprisingly far from the downtown centers of activity and commerce. It sits on a cliff on the far west side of the island, I think -- I can't really tell direction on the island.

Not having gone to like, an actual school where people learned useful things (non-useful things, however, abounded) I think I've always felt like the most valuable aspects of institutions of higher learning tend to be the aesthetic appeal of the architecture and/or sculptures, and the availability of places to lie on one's back and look at the sky, leaves of trees, etc.

By those standards I would say UOG definitely gets a pass, plus bonus points for the view of the ocean.




No comments:

Post a Comment