Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This is what you're missing...

Before I moved to Guam, I solicited opinions about the island from every person who had ever lived here.

I was warned, I seem to remember, by someone from who I solicited advice, that "all the good beaches are on the military bases." I sort of ignored it, because, well, I'm not easily discouraged when it comes to moving to islands in the Pacific.

And once I got here, all the beaches seemed lovely enough. And then I went to Tarague Beach on Anderson Air Force today, compliments of my Dad's 20-plus career in the military. And I realized what she meant.



1 comment:

  1. Dad looks like he's having fun. Hope the visit is going well. You'll have to post more pictures from their trip, since it'll probably take Mom and Dad a while to get pictures organized and sent out. I have high hopes for some funny stories related to their tropical adventures.

    ReplyDelete